WYCC - West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges
WYCC (West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges)
The WYCC operates on behalf of seven FE colleges in West Yorkshire, bringing together businesses, organisations and training providers to promote and deliver skills and training, funded by the European Social Fund (ESF). They have a wealth of funding opportunities and projects available in the Leeds City Region, covering:
The Skills Service
Need to stay ahead of industry challenges?
Construction Skills People are an approved Training Provider with The Skills Service, able to offer 40% funding from the European Social Fund (ESF) for *SMEs, to help towards the cost of training and upskilling your workforce.
The Skills Service offers a unique package of training and support for SMEs in the Leeds City Region:
- Planning: Free Skills Plan session for SMEs to plan employee training and stay ahead of industry trends.
- Funding: 40% funding towards training your workforce through The Skills Service, which is managed by WYCC (*eligible businesses only).
- Training: Training and education opportunities across the region.
We aim to address skills gaps by delivering essential training across the Leads City Region:
- A highly skilled workforce enables employers to achieve growth ambitions
- Funding supports employers to invest in upskilling their workforce
- Helping to raise the employer investment in skills to the national average of 66%
The Skills Service is managed by the West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges (WYCC) and funded by the European Social Fund (ESF).
To be eligible for 40% ESF funding towards the cost of training the business must:
- Be an SME based within the Leeds City Region. This includes the following districts – Bradford, Calderdale, Craven, Harrogate, Kirklees, Leeds, Selby, Wakefield and York. This can include Private Limited Companies, Partnerships and LLPs, Sole Proprietors, Self Employed and Registered Charities.
- Employ fewer than 250 full time equivalent staff and have an annual turnover not exceeding €50 million.
- Put forward participants who work for the company based within the Leeds City Region and are aged 18 years or over.
- Contribute 60% of the total cost of the training.