Job Title: Construction Internal Quality Assurance (IQA) Manager
Skills People Group are a National Provider of Construction National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) ranging from Level 1 to Level 7. We specialise in both commercial and funded training and are proud to be nationally recognised as one of the UK’s largest private training providers due to the growth of our sector and funding secured. We are currently recruiting for a qualified, Internal Quality Assurance Manager (IQA) to join our existing IQA delivery team who can demonstrate they have an industry background.
The IQA Manager is responsible for the delivery of consistent assessment decisions as evidenced by Awarding Organisation reports and will report to the Construction NVQ Delivery Manager and will work closely with the Group Lead Internal Quality Assurance Manager.
- Manage a team of Assessors/Trainers within the NVQ delivery team, driving performance and quality.
- Monitor data, targets and compliance against learner engagement, reviews and progression, to ensure the timely achievement of learners.
- Observe and support assessors/trainers to ensure delivery challenges are overcome, recognising and develop key developments as required within your delivery team.
- Ensure the accurate and timely quality assurance of assessment decisions of assessors within their team.
- Support and maintain the company quality assurance strategy.
- Maintain accurate and reliable Internal Quality Assurance and quality monitoring records, plans and rationales.
- Work closely with the Group Lead IQA Manager to support with Awarding Organisations visits, and feedback is communicated effectively back to the delivery team.
- Support the planning and delivery of assessor standardisation meetings, ensuring the company quality objectives and targets are understood and achieved.
- Undertake observations of Assessors in line with the Company Observation Schedule, Funding Partners and Awarding Organisations.
- Conduct learner and employer reviews, face to face and remotely.
- Drive and promote continuous improvement and work closely with the quality team and programme curriculum writer to develop key areas of improvement.
- Ensure all quality processes and requirements are in line with current Awarding Organisations, our funders and Ofsted.
- Support the administration team with the processing of timely and accurately completed paperwork.
- Verifiable Construction Background
- A strong knowledge of Construction & Civil Engineering
- Accurate Report Writing and Record Keeping Skills
- Excellent Time Management skills
- Organisation skills
- Full UK driving licence, with full access to a vehicle.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A proven track record of assessing and Internal Quality Assuring NVQs, within Construction & Civil Engineering
- Implementation of stringent quality assurance practices and procedures
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to follow processes
- Enthusiasm in the workplace
- Able to work well under pressure
- Verifier qualification (D34, V1, TAQA)
- Assessor qualification (D32/D33, A1, TAQA)
- Literacy & Numeracy qualifications (at Level 2 or above)
- Teaching qualification (PTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed)
Skills People Group
In return, Skills People Group offer:
- A competitive salary
- 23 days holiday + Bank Holidays with an additional two days awarded following two years’ service
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- A challenging and rewarding role in a successful and growing business
- The opportunity to grow with a business
Equality and Diversity
- It is the responsibility of the post holder to promote equality and diversity throughout the Group.
- The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to equal opportunity and diversity.
Health and Safety
- To promote health, safety and welfare throughout the Group.
- To undertake their duties and responsibilities in full accordance with the Group’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
- It is the responsibility of the post holder to commit to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults within the organisation.
- The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, e.g. dealing with learner issues i.e. safeguarding and referring on to specialist staff.
- This position is subject to an enhanced criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) and will be subject to satisfactory clearance of this check.
- If this position is classed as Regulated Activity, it is subject to an Adult & Child barring check.
- The details contained in this job description, particularly the principal accountabilities, reflect the content of the job at the date the job description was prepared. It should be remembered, however, that over time, the nature of individual jobs will inevitably change; existing duties may be lost and other duties may be gained without changing the general character of the duties of the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, the Group will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to HR@skillspeoplegroup.com
You can contact the HR team on 01246 589501 or 01246 589509