New Roads and Street Works for Supervisors
classroom-based to provide delegates with the skills and knowledge necessary to perform supervisor duties in line with the current New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA) in order to create a safe working environment for themselves and others.
Supported by CITB grant
About this course
The New Road & Street Works for Supervisors course covers the following:
- Location and avoidance of underground apparatus
- Monitoring excavation of the highway
- Monitoring signing, lighting and guarding
- Monitoring reinstatement of concrete slabs
- Monitoring reinstatement of compaction and backfill material
- Monitoring reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways
- Monitoring reinstatement of sub-base and roadbase non-bituminous materials
- Monitoring reinstatement of hot-lay bituminous materials
- Monitoring reinstatement of cold-lay bituminous materials
Who this course is for
This course is designed for supervisors who are required to monitor operatives who carry out excavation, backfill and reinstatement of a multitude of materials for undertaking street works.
This course is delivered through a combination of classroom based tutorials and practical activities followed by an assessment of the candidates capabilities.
Successful delegates will be awarded a Street WorksQualification Register (SWQR) Card. Delegates should provide a passport photograph on the day of training in order to receive the SWQR Card.
This course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical activities.
It is important that all delegates have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
Check price and availability
It is important that all delegates have a good understanding of spoken and written English and have the operating experience as described in the ‘Introduction’ of this course overview. Candidates must have passed the CSCS H&S touch screen test within two years of taking the CPCS technical test.