New Roads and Street Works for Operatives
The aim of this course is to provide delegates with the skills and knowledge necessary to perform operative duties in line with the current New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA) in order to create a safe working environment for themselves and others.
Supported by CITB grant
About this course
The New Road & Street Works for Operatives course covers the following:
- Location of underground apparatus
- Excavation of the highway
- Signing, lighting and guarding
- Reinstatement of concrete slabs
- Reinstatement of compaction and backfill material
- Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways
- Reinstatement of sub-base and road base non-bituminous materials
- Reinstatement of hot-lay bituminous materials
- Reinstatement of cold-lay bituminous materials
Who this course is for
This course is designed for any operatives who carry out excavation, backfill and reinstatement of a multitude of materials for undertaking street works
This course is delivered through a combination of classroom based tutorials and practical activities followed by an assessment of the candidates capabilities.
Successful delegates will be awarded a Street WorksQualification Register (SWQR) Card. Delegates should provide a passport photograph on the day of training in order to receive the SWQR Card.
This course is delivered through a combination of classroom based tutorials and practical activities.
It is important that all delegates have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
Check price and availability
It is important that all delegates have a good understanding of spoken and written English and have the operating experience as described in the ‘Introduction’ of this course overview. Candidates must have passed the CSCS H&S touch screen test within two years of taking the CPCS technical test.