NEBOSH General Certificate
About this course
The NEBOSH National Certificate is the must-have qualification for safety and health practitioners. Its practical approach promotes the application of the knowledge acquired on the course to problem-solving within the workplace.
The courses are conducted quarterly and can be taken in many languages, tailored to suit your personal industry requirements. The qualification is specifically referred to as a key competence in the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
Who this course is for
Supervisors, managers and those with a role under the Construction Design and Management regulations 2015 within the construction industry.
This course is delivered through a mix of on line and classroom delivery taking place at regular intervals
Courses are available at training centres nationwide. This course can also be delivered on your premises subject to minimum delegate numbers and suitability of the venue. Please contact us for information.
NEBOSH Accredited Certificate
Classroom-based tutorials plus personal study hours.
The content covered by the NEBOSH General Certificate includes:
NGC1 (NEBOSH General Certificate Unit 1) – Management of Health & Safety
This unit covers HSE legislation, health & safety knowledge and health & safety management systems.
- Foundations in Health & Safety
- Health & Safety Management Systems 1 – Plan
- Health & Safety Management Systems 2 – Do
- Health & Safety Management Systems 3 – Check
- Health & Safety Management Systems 4 – Act
NGC2 (NEBOSH General Certificate Unit 2) – Controlling Workplace Hazards
- This unit covers workplace hazards and how to control and prevent them.
- Workplace Hazards and Risk Controls
- Transport Hazards and Risk Controls
- Musculoskeletal Hazards and Risk Controls
- Work Equipment Hazards and Risk Controls
- Electrical Safety
- Fire Safety
- Chemical and Biological Health Hazards and Risk Controls
- Physical and Psychological Health Hazards and Risk Controls
NGC3 (NEBOSH General Certificate Unit 3) – Practical Exam
Within 10 days of completing the NGC2 exam, you must have handed in your completed practical exam.
Check price and availability
It is important that all delegates have a good understanding of spoken and written English and have the operating experience as described in the ‘Introduction’ of this course overview. Candidates must have passed the CSCS H&S touch screen test within two years of taking the CPCS technical test.