IOSH Safety For Executives and Directors
Having attended the course delegates should be able to:
- Understand the health and safety roles and responsibilities of Senior Executives.
- Recognise the importance of integrating health and safety objectives with other business objectives.
- Take account of health and safety aspects during strategic planning, decision making and effective supply chain management.
- Know the consequences of failing to manage health and safety effectively.
- Understand the principles of health and safety management, the importance safety culture and continual improvement and the role of regular reviews of health and safety performance within the organisation.
Supported by CITB grant
About this course
IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors is a one-day health and safety training course designed for those who have overall operational or strategic accountability for an organisation, responsibility for determining and implementing effective safety and health management and monitoring its success. An example of which would be people employed in a Director’s role; owners of small- to medium-sized enterprises or Executive/non-Executive Directors of larger organisations with governance structures.
This course is delivered through classroom-based tutorials including discussions, case studies and group exercises. Delegates will receive a comprehensive training pack and a copy of the HSE’s ‘Leading Safely’ document. Delegates will be expected to complete an IOSH approved assessment at the end of the course and those who achieve a mark of 65% or higher, will be awarded an IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors Certificate.
Courses are available at training centres nationwide. This course can also be delivered on your premises subject to minimum delegate numbers and suitability of the venue. Please contact us for information.
IOSH Safety for Executives and Managers Certificate.
Check price and availability
It is important that all delegates have a good understanding of spoken and written English.