IOSH Managing Safely
This course aims to equip managers with the knowledge and skills required to manage Health and Safety in a proactive manner within the workplace.
By the end of the training delegates will be able to:
- Apply basic management principles and practices to Health and Safety issues
- Set practical Health and Safety objectives and be able to plan and implement means of achieving those objectives
- Recognise risks present in the workplace and set appropriate control measures
- Take account of risks posed by human factors
- Ensure that adequate information, instruction, training and supervision is provided within the workplace
- Investigate all incidents involving injury or damage in order to determine the causes and to take appropriate remedial actions
- Communicate effectively on Health and Safety issues with superiors, employees, and Health and Safety professionals
- Understand the main legal requirements of employers and managers and to act to fulfil these obligations
Supported by CITB grant
About this course
Managing Safely is a course for managers and supervisors in any sector and any organisation. It’s designed to give managers all they need to know to help them handle health and safety in their teams.
The IOSH Managing Safely course covers the following:
- Introducing Managing Safely
- Assessing risks
- Controlling risks
- Understanding your responsibilities
- Identifying hazards
- Investigating accidents and incidents
- Measuring performance
- Protecting our environment
This course is delivered through classroom-based tutorials including discussions, case studies and group exercises. All course delegates will receive the IOSH Safely Safety Workbook, which can be kept for future reference.
Courses are available at training centres nationwide. This course can also be delivered on your premises subject to minimum delegate numbers and suitability of the venue. Please contact us for information.
IOSH Managing Safely certificate.
Check price and availability
It is important that all delegates have a good understanding of spoken and written English.