Forward Tipping Dumper Experienced Worker Assessment
To test and assess the competency of a forward tipping dumper operator against a testing specification aligned to the national occupational standards. The delegate will undergo both a theory and practical test.
Supported by CITB grant
About this course
The NPORS – Forward Tipping Dumper Experienced Worker Assessment course assesses the delegates on the following:
- Current relevant legislation
- Provision and use of work regulation
- Pre-use inspections
- All instruments and controls
- Machine systems – lubrication, fuel and coolant
- Travelling over variable terrain both loaded and unloaded
- Travelling both up and down steep inclines
- Correctly positioning the dumper to receive leads
- Maintain load integrity and security
- Understanding the process of loading and unloading the dumper on and off a transporter
- Ability to put the dumper in an ‘out of service’ position
Who this course is for
This course is designed for experienced operatives to prove their competence in safely and efficiently operating a forward tipping dumper to the occupational standards as laid down by the awarding organisation, NPORS.
This course can be delivered on-site or at a location suitable to you.
Successful delegates will qualify for an NPORS photo ID card and certificate of competence valid for 3 years.
This course is delivered using a mixture of both classroom-based tutorials and practical machine operating, testing and a final course assessment paper.
Delegates should be physically fit and inform the trainer if they are taking any medication that may affect their ability to operate machinery.
Delegates will need to provide a passport photograph on the day of training and wear appropriate PPE.
NPORS registration, certification and card fees will be charged in addition to the normal course fees, please call for details.
Check price and availability
It is important that all delegates have a good understanding of spoken and written English.