First Aid Courses
First Aid at Work – Refresher
To update delegates with necessary knowledge of responsibilities of being a first aider. Delegates will have a base knowledge of how to correctly react and treat the various first aid situations that may occur in their place of work.
About this course
The First Aid at Work Re-qualification course covers the following:
- The role of the first aider
- Contents of first aid kits (including avoiding cross-infection)
- Recording of incidents and accidents
- Assessing the situation in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who:
- is unconscious (including seizures)
- requires cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is choking
- is wounded or bleeding
- is in shock
- has minor conditions including minor cuts, grazes, bruises, burns, scalds and small splinters.
- has injuries to bones, muscles and/or joints including suspected spinal injury.
- has sudden poisoning has eye injuries
- goes into anaphylactic shock (including the use of auto-injectors (Epipen))
- Recognising the presence of major illness (including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma and diabetes) and providing appropriate first aid (including the use of aspirin).
Who this course is for
This course is designed for anyone (18 years and over) wanting to renew a valid first aid at work certificate. This is a HSE approved and certified course.
This 2 day course has large elements of hands-on practical training. This approach ensures the course delegates feel confident and that they will be able to use the skills learnt in a real life situation.
On your premises or a location suitable to you. For training held at your own location please ensure you make available a suitable room, which can comfortably accommodate with seating the number of delegates attending. We will also require a 240v power supply.
Successful delegates will receive an HSE approved First Aid at Work Certificate.
This course involves a high proportion of hands-on practical training, supplemented with classroom-based tutorials. This approach ensures that delegates feel confident and able to use the skills learnt in a real-life situation.
Check price and availability
The delegate must be physically fit and able to perform the relevant actions and techniques included in the course syllabus.
It is important that all delegates who attend the First Aid at work requalification course have a good understanding of spoken and written English.