CPCS Cranes & Lifting
A40 Slinger Signaller – Experienced
To provide the candidate with a thorough understanding of both the CPCS theory test and the CPCS practical test that comprise the CPCS technical test for category A40 slinger signaller. Candidates will receive guidance on how to answer the theory test questions and revision materials that will enable them to complete the tests with confidence.
Supported by CITB grant
About this course
- Assessment of the operative’s individual capabilities and thorough briefing on the theory questions.
- Overview and explanation of the CPCS technical test
- Provide knowledge of:
- Relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice
- The purpose of the main components, controls and terminology
- The manufacturer’s requirements as described in the operator’s handbook and other sources of such information
- Performing pre-use checks
- Procedures for non-serviceable items
- Establishing the weight and dimensions of loads and communicating this information to the crane operator
- Preparing the area of operation
- Relevant lifting accessory for a given load
- Hazards underground and overhead services
- Securing loads using relevant lifting accessory and procedures
- Load balance, security and integrity
- Guiding the movement and accurate placing of loads
- Communication procedures
- CPCS theory and practical technical test
Who this course is for
This course is designed for plant operatives who have a minimum of 12 months on-site experience operating slinger signaller. It aims to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills that will enable them to pass both elements of the CPCS technical test.
This course will have a large element of practical hands-on training. The delegate will also attend classroom-based training to prepare them for the CPCS theory test. All delegates are provided with and are encouraged to read the CPCS theory test questions and revision notes where provided.
Courses are available at CPCS centres nationally
Successful candidates will achieve a Red CPCS trained operator card valid for two years. During this two year period candidates will need to achieve the relevant plant NVQ that will enable them to upgrade their Red card to aBlue CPCS competent operator card.
If you require the NVQ in Slinger Signaller to upgrade your CPCS or NPORS Card please click the link below.
This course will have a large element of practical hands-on training. The delegate will also attend classroom-based training to prepare them for the CPCS theory test. All delegates are provided with and are encouraged to read the CPCS theory test questions and revision notes were provided.
Candidates should bring appropriate PPE and a passport photo.
Check price and availability
It is important that all delegates have a good understanding of spoken and written English and have the operating experience as described in the ‘Introduction’ of this course overview. Candidates must have passed the CSCS H&S touch screen test within two years of taking the CPCS technical test.