Training Advisor - Construction
The Introduction to Construction Tutor is responsible for co-ordinating, designing, delivering and developing a programme(s) of study for a group(s) of learners. This is a great opportunity for a dynamic, professional individual qualified in an appropriate discipline to join a forward thinking organisation.
You will be a highly self-motivated, energetic and driven individual, encompassing a strong sense of autonomy. You will possess strong presentation and communication skills and be able to demonstrate achievement of targets.
Skills People Group are a national provider of National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) and Pre-Employment Training Programmes. We specialise in both commercial and funded training and are proud to be nationally recognised as one of the UK’s largest private training providers. We are currently recruiting for a highly organised, qualified Introduction toConstruction Tutor to join our existing team.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the company’s marketing database including adding new records and updating activity carried out on potential and existing clients
- To pro-actively contact new & existing clients by telephone to sell & make such clients aware of the business’s training course portfolio
- To liaise with new clients as they progress through the sales process to complete and obtain necessary documentation and accurate paperwork to allow effective operational delivery
- To act as a focal point within the Business Development Team taking telephone calls from clients responding to requests for information and actions from clients & internal staff
- To gather initial copy and text for marketing materials including web site stories, newsletter and social media use
- To prepare reports and documents as required
- To work with colleagues to consistently improve internal practices, procedures and procedures to provide an efficient and effective service
- To fully adopt and adhere to the company’s equal opportunity policy, ensuring that all candidates, fellow employees and customers are treated fairly and impartially showing respect for all
- To represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by the line manager
Skills, Experience and Qualities:
- Good communication skills both over the telephone and on a face to face basis
- Account management & growth skills, preferably within the training or construction sector
- Be committed to providing clients with first class customer service
- Excellent written communication skills
- A self-managing and proactive approach to work requirements
- Analytical skills to assess potential business opportunities
- Computer literate, specifically with skills to use Microsoft Excel, Word and internal marketing databases
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Enthusiasm in the workplace
- Work well under pressure
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Experience within the further education sector
- Experience within a construction sales background
- Educated to a minimum of GCSE grade C in English and Maths or equivalent
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays with two days additional holiday awarded to you after two years
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- A challenging and rewarding role in a successful and growing business
- The opportunity to grow with a business
- You will report to the Client Services Director
- You will be based at our head office, Chesterfield
Equality and Diversity
- It is the responsibility of the post holder to promote equality and diversity throughout the Group.
- The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to equal opportunity and diversity.
Health and Safety
- To promote health, safety and welfare throughout the Group.
- To undertake their duties and responsibilities in full accordance with the Group’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
- It is the responsibility of the post holder to commit to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults within the organisation.
- The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, e.g. dealing with learner issues i.e. safeguarding and referring on to specialist staff.
- This position is subject to an enhanced criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) and will be subject to satisfactory clearance of this check.
- If this position is classed as Regulated Activity, it is subject to an Adult & Child barring check.
- The details contained in this job description, particularly the principal accountabilities, reflect the content of the job at the date the job description was prepared. It should be remembered, however, that over time, the nature of individual jobs will inevitably change; existing duties may be lost and other duties may be gained without changing the general character of the duties of the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, the Group will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to HR@skillspeoplegroup.com
Alternatively, you can contact the HR Team on 01246 589509