Self Employed Construction Assessor / Trainer (Waterproof membranes)
The Construction Assessor / Trainer is responsible for encompassing training, reviewing and monitoring learners within construction from Level two – seven. Within this you will be required to maintain all learner and course related documentation. This will include maintenance of learner files and tracking relevant documents.
You will act as an on-site assessor and will be expected to work to a target of learner completions. This role will require you to assess workplace performance as well as candidate portfolio building.
In addition to the above you will be required to complete all required funding paper work to company standards.
We specialise in both commercial and funded training and are proud to be nationally recognised as one of the UK’s largest private training providers. We are currently recruiting for a highly organised, qualified Construction Assessor / Trainer to join our existing team.
- Visiting learners in the workplace and delivering teaching & learning in line with the qualification requirements
- Carrying out assessment using a variety of different methods as part of the delivery of Diploma/Apprenticeship qualifications, to ensure the successful outcome for the full achievement of the qualification in line with contractual requirements and targets
- Agree and review progress with each learner. Create learner portfolios to agreed target standards and ensure they are submitted timely
- Carry out efficient and effective operation of the assessment process in line with Company policy relating to quality and the requirements of the Awarding Body representatives
- Carry out learner progress reviews with all learners ensuring employer and learner engagement.
- Undertake Health and Safety checks for learners on programme
- Ensure that all Equal Opportunities policies and Health & Safety requirements (including Safe Learner Concept) are complied with always, and ensure all learners are given fair access to assessment
- Participate in and support the annual self-assessment process
- Attend and participate in meetings as planned and / or required
- To take responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners with whom you come into contact
- Complete all relevant funding documentation and administration tasks accurately and timely
- Experience of working in the Construction Industry
- Experience assessing NVQs in Construction
- Experience of teaching/training in a workplace environment
- A valid DBS or willing to apply for a new one
- Full UK driving licence and use of own car
- Energy, enthusiasm, adaptability and commitment
- Flexibility over working hours
- Adhere to policies on Health & Safety, Safeguarding Equality and Diversity
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to follow processes
- Work well under pressure
- A knowledge of government employment and training programmes
- Recognised NVQ Assessor Qualification e.g. A1 or D32, D22, TAQA
- Vocational qualification to at least NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
Skills People Group
In return, Skills People Group will give you:
- Competitive rates
- A challenging and rewarding role in a successful and growing business
- The opportunity to grow with a business
- You will report to your Internal Quality Assurer
- You will be based remotely
Equality and Diversity
- It is the responsibility of the post holder to promote equality and diversity throughout the Group.
- The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to equal opportunity and diversity.
Health and Safety
- To promote health, safety and welfare throughout the Group.
- To undertake their duties and responsibilities in full accordance with the Group’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
- It is the responsibility of the post holder to commit to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults within the organisation.
- The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, e.g. dealing with learner issues i.e. safeguarding and referring on to specialist staff.
- This position is subject to an enhanced criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) and will be subject to satisfactory clearance of this check.
- If this position is classed as Regulated Activity, it is subject to an Adult & Child barring check.
- The details contained in this job description, particularly the principal accountabilities, reflect the content of the job at the date the job description was prepared. It should be remembered, however, that over time, the nature of individual jobs will inevitably change; existing duties may be lost and other duties may be gained without changing the general character of the duties of the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, the Group will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to HR@skillspeoplegroup.com
You can contact the HR team on 01246 589509