Multi Skilled Construction Tutor specialising in Brickwork
The Multi Skilled Construction Tutor is responsible for co-ordinating, designing, delivering and developing a programme(s) of study for a group(s) of learners. This is a great opportunity for a dynamic, professional individual qualified in an appropriate discipline to join a forward thinking organisation to develop and teach on Brickwork courses at all levels.
You will be a highly self-motivated, energetic and driven individual, encompassing a strong sense of autonomy. You will possess strong presentation and communication skills and be able to demonstrate achievement of targets.
Skills People Group are a national provider of NVQ and Programmes for the unemployed and Compliance training. We specialise in both commercial and funded training and are proud to be nationally recognised as one of the UK’s largest private training providers. We are currently recruiting for a highly organised, qualified Multi Skilled Construction Tutor to join our existing team.
- To develop best practice in learning, teaching and assessment ensuring standardisation and continuity.
- To assess learners according to established guidelines.
- To develop part-time and full-time programmes.
- To design, develop and monitor resources for learner use.
- To act as personal tutor to a group/s of learners and co-ordinate tutorial support liaising with Head of Academies.
- Provide accurate current feedback on progress and outcomes to managers and students.
- To monitor and manage learner attendance and maintain appropriate standards of behaviour.
- To keep up-to-date with curriculum initiatives, development of standards and general developmental and professional issues relating to the delivery of learning in your area.
- To implement quality procedures, contributing to thorough, evaluative programme reviews which feed into the self-assessment process.
- To complete documentation, appropriate records of learner performance and administration associated with role and responsibilities.
- To undergo continuous professional development as appropriate and directed.
- To uphold and promote Skills People Group policies and procedures, promoting those specifically applicable to this area of work, including the Equality & Diversity and Health & Safety policies and procedures and attend training as requested.
- To comply with the Skills People Group’s safeguarding policy and practices and attend training as requested.
- To keep up to date, so far as necessary, for the efficient executing of the job, with new legislation, procedures and techniques and attend relevant mandatory training.
- To be conversant with and participate in activities and developments at regional and national level which are relevant to the post.
- To present and promote an appropriate public image in representing Skills People Group.
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required commensurate with the post.
- Demonstrate extensive range of knowledge, understanding and application of curriculum development, innovation and delivery strategies
- Knowledge of current relevant initiatives within FE, resource management and the vocational area of responsibility
- IT qualification/ experience
- Flexible and professional approach
- Ability to work as part of a team to achieve common objectives
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to follow processes
- Enthusiasm in the work place
- Work well under pressure
- Cert Ed/ PGCE or recognised teaching qualification
- Minimum of level three qualification within relevant vocational sector
- Verifier Award (or willingness to work towards)
- English to at least level 2
- Maths to at least level 2
Skills People Group
In return, Skills People Group will give you:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays plus a further two days annual leave following two years’ service with Skills People Group.
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- A challenging and rewarding role in a successful and growing business
- The opportunity to grow with a business
- You will report to the Academy Manager
- You will be Centre based at our Nottingham Academy , NG3 2FB
Equality and Diversity:
It is the responsibility of the post holder to promote equality and diversity throughout the Group
The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to equal opportunity and diversity
Health and Safety:
To promote health, safety and welfare throughout the Group
To undertake their duties and responsibilities in full accordance with the Group’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults:
It is the responsibility of the post holder to commit to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults within the organisation
The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, e.g. dealing with learner issues i.e. safeguarding and referring on to specialist staff
This position is subject to an enhanced criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) and will be subject to satisfactory clearance of this check
If this position is classed as Regulated Activity, it is subject to an Adult & Child barring check
The details contained in this job description, particularly the principal accountabilities, reflect the content of the job at the date the job description was prepared. It should be remembered, however, that over time, the nature of individual jobs will inevitably change; existing duties may be lost and other duties may be gained without changing the general character of the duties of the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, the Group will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to HR@skillspeoplegroup.com
Alternatively, you can contact the HR Team on 01246 589509