Self Employed Pre-Employment Training Tutor (Sheffield, Manchester & Bristol)
The role of Pre-Employment Training Tutor will encompass, teaching, reviewing and monitoring learners within the Pre-Employment Training sector.
This role will require you to teach, assess and support classroom performance of the learners that are unemployed as well as aid the learner with portfolio building. In addition to the above you will ensure all required funding paperwork is completed to the funder’s requirements. The ideal candidate will have experience in delivering in a variety of sectors such as Construction, Warehousing, Employability, Customer Service, Hospitality, Health & Social Care, Business Admin, IT, Adult Health & Social Care and Cleaning.
Skills People Group are a national provider of NVQ’s, Programmes for the unemployed and compliance training. We specialise in both commercial and funded training and are proud to be nationally recognised as one of the UK’s largest private training providers. We are currently recruiting for a highly organised, qualified Pre-Employment Training Tutor to join our existing team. This role will require the successful candidate to work in partnership with our business to ensure learner completion to the highest quality.
The role could require significant national travel.
- Maintain all learner and course related documentation. This will include maintenance of learner files and relevant tracking documents during the delivery of the course
- You will act as a personal tutor and mentor to groups of students and will be expected to work to a target of learner completions for each course
- Observe and assess learners in the classroom, providing feedback and guidance to ensure learning standards are met and qualifications are attained within agreed timescales
- Assessing the learners’ portfolio of evidence and signing off the award when necessary achievements have been met
- Meet company, funding & awarding body requirements
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to follow processes
- Enthusiasm in the work place
- Work well under pressure
- Knowledge of ESFA funding rules and guidance
- Experience in the delivery of Pre-Employment Training in a classroom environment
- A recognised teaching qualification
- A valid and up to date assessor award
- Maths and English qualifications at Level 2 or above
Skills People Group
In return, Skills People Group will give you:
- Competitive rates
- A challenging and rewarding role in a successful and growing business
- The opportunity to grow with a business
- You will report to the Internal Quality Assurance Manager
- You will be based remotely
Equality and Diversity
- It is the responsibility of the post holder to promote equality and diversity throughout the Group.
- The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to equal opportunity and diversity.
Health and Safety
- To promote health, safety and welfare throughout the Group.
- To undertake their duties and responsibilities in full accordance with the Group’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
- It is the responsibility of the post holder to commit to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults within the organisation.
- The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, e.g. dealing with learner issues i.e. safeguarding and referring on to specialist staff.
- This position is subject to an enhanced criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) and will be subject to satisfactory clearance of this check.
- If this position is classed as Regulated Activity, it is subject to an Adult & Child barring check.
- The details contained in this job description, particularly the principal accountabilities, reflect the content of the job at the date the job description was prepared. It should be remembered, however, that over time, the nature of individual jobs will inevitably change; existing duties may be lost and other duties may be gained without changing the general character of the duties of the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, the Group will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time
How To Apply
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to HR@skillspeoplegroup.com
You can contact the HR team on 01246 589509