The Sales Manager is responsible for delivering and maximising revenue growth by managing the sales team and implementing a sales strategy that expands the customer base.
Skills People Group are a national provider of National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs), Pre-Employment Training Programmes and Compliance Training. We specialise in both commercial and funded training and are proud to be nationally recognised as one of the UK’s largest private training providers due to the growth of our sector and funding secured. We are currently recruiting for a highly organised, qualified Sales Manager to join our existing team.
- Present sales reports and realistic forecasts to the Senior Management team
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team
- Own recruiting, objectives setting, training and performance monitoring of sales representatives including systems induction
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands the company’s new customer base and ensures strong presence in the marketplace
- Develop and measure account management strategies for better retention of clients and increase of repeat business
- Manage the development of the CRM, sales reporting, and task automation to maximise the return on data records
- Regularly undertake reviews of the CRM data to ensure accuracy and usability of the records
- Provide oversight, coordination, and direction for outsourced partners in the specification, development, testing and delivery of new telesales or marketing activities
- Ability to plan, monitor and develop sales campaigns
- Use of sales reports and data to influence ongoing activities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Competency in database management within a CRM
- Competency in Microsoft office packages, especially Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to follow processes
- Enthusiasm in the workplace
- Work well under pressure
- Self-reliance, creativity, and the ability to think for yourself
- Highly organised and effective time management
- Good understanding of GDPR and how to interpret
- Full UK driving licence with own means of transport
- Degree level education or proven professional track record
Skills People Group
In return, Skills People Group will give you:
- A competitive salary + OTE
- 23 days holiday + Bank Holidays along with 2 extra days annual leave after 2 years’ service
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- A challenging and rewarding role in a successful and growing business
- The opportunity to grow with a business
- You will report to the Client Services Director
- You will be based at Chesterfield, S41 9FG
Equality and Diversity
- It is the responsibility of the post holder to promote equality and diversity throughout the Group.
- The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to equal opportunity and diversity.
Health and Safety
- To promote health, safety and welfare throughout the Group.
- To undertake their duties and responsibilities in full accordance with the Group’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
- It is the responsibility of the post holder to commit to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults within the organisation.
- The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, e.g. dealing with learner issues i.e. safeguarding and referring on to specialist staff.
- This position is subject to an enhanced criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) and will be subject to satisfactory clearance of this check.
- If this position is classed as Regulated Activity, it is subject to an Adult & Child barring check.
- The details contained in this job description, particularly the principal accountabilities, reflect the content of the job at the date the job description was prepared. It should be remembered, however, that over time, the nature of individual jobs will inevitably change; existing duties may be lost and other duties may be gained without changing the general character of the duties of the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, the Group will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to HR@skillspeoplegroup.com
Alternatively, you can contact the HR Team on 01246 589509