Learner Liaison Officer
The Learner Liaison Officer is responsible for providing an easily accessible route to engage with the training programmes provided by Skills People Group. The Learner Liaison Officer will also build relationships employers and stakeholders to support learners to progress into employment or further training.
Skills People Group are a national provider of National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) and Pre-Employment Training Programmes. We specialise in both commercial and funded training and are proud to be nationally recognised as one of the UK’s largest private training providers due to the growth of our sector and funding secured. We are currently recruiting for a highly organised, qualified Learner Liaison Officer to join our existing team.
- Develop relationships with learners, employers and stakeholders to actively support progression into employment or further education opportunities, for all learners.
- Meet targets and KPI’s set by your line manager which meet the needs of learners, employers, stakeholders and the company.
- Keeping accurate up to date and confidential files of learners and employers
- Schedule meetings with learners, employers and organisations at convenient times and locations to them to support progression
- Arrange work placements when possible.
- Work independently but in unison with other employees
- Arrange for employers to contribute and present to the course on offer that support their vacancies.
- Develop and lead presentations to learners and employers and to act as host where necessary
- Organise and participate in job fairs as required
- Work closely with other external partnership organisations
- Mentoring of learners to allow them to achieve their dreams and aspirations regarding finding employment and career development
- Assessing of learners’ suitability for job vacancies that are available within the geographic areas in which we operate
- Promote Skills People Group’s ethos and actively promote the equality and diversity policies and practices of the company
- To act always in accordance with Skills People Group policies
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults you are responsible for, or encounter.
- To visit and monitor learners, where directed and to complete monitoring review forms and maintain learner/employer records
- To carry out other duties commensurate to the post as required by your Line Manager
- 2+ years of experience in administrative tasks, sales, or recruiting with proven success of exceeding targets
- Full UK driving licence with access to own means of transport, essential
- Confident and professional phone manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer focused, understanding candidate needs
- Ambitious and target oriented
- Self-motivated self-starter
- Willingness to learn and open to feedback
- Consultative salesperson
- Strong commercial instincts
- The poise to handle the pressure and demands of our business in a fast paced and changing environment
- A flexible and positive outlook.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and can think outside of the box
- Excellent ICT skills, particularly with Microsoft packages
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to follow processes
- Work well under pressure
- Minimum IAG Level 2 qualification
- Educated to a minimum of GCSE grade C in English and Maths or equivalent.
Skills People Group
In return, Skills People Group will give you:
- A competitive salary
- 23 days holiday + Bank Holidays along with 2 extra days annual leave after 2 years service
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- A challenging and rewarding role in a successful and growing business
- The opportunity to grow with a business
- You will report to Sales Director
- You will be based Unit 12 Chesterfield, travel will be an expected aspect of this role
Equality and Diversity
It is the responsibility of the post holder to promote equality and diversity throughout the Group.
The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to equal opportunity and diversity.
Health and Safety
To promote health, safety and welfare throughout the Group.
To undertake their duties and responsibilities in full accordance with the Group’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
It is the responsibility of the post holder to commit to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults within the organisation.
The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, e.g. dealing with learner issues i.e. safeguarding and referring on to specialist staff.
This position is subject to an enhanced criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) and will be subject to satisfactory clearance of this check.
If this position is classed as Regulated Activity, it is subject to an Adult & Child barring check.
The details contained in this job description, particularly the principal accountabilities, reflect the content of the job at the date the job description was prepared. It should be remembered, however, that over time, the nature of individual jobs will inevitably change; existing duties may be lost and other duties may be gained without changing the general character of the duties of the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, the Group will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time
How To Apply
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to HR@skillspeoplegroup.com or contact us on 01246 589 509 or 01246 589 501.