Head of Quality
The Head of Quality is responsible for all aspects of delivery models, delivery personal and Internal Quality assurance (IQA). The role of the Head of Quality will lead the team to ensure effective delivery is met for all learners as well as working closely with the Head of Academies and Senior Management Team (SMT) to help develop and execute the company’s goals.
Skills People Group are a national provider of National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) and Pre-Employment Training Programmes. We specialise in both commercial and funded training and are proud to be nationally recognised as one of the UK’s largest private training providers due to the growth of our sector and funding secured. We are currently recruiting for a highly organised, qualified Head of Quality to join our team.
- Develop and manage delivery plans to ensure the delivery team understand key milestones, deadlines and targets are met
- Be accountable for creation and the overall standard on the SAR, and QIP to ensure they are in line with EIF
- Act as Ofsted Nominee
- Manage IQA and EQA processes
- Manage all IQA’s and allocated staff who are responsible for coordinating the above activities
- Achieve/maintain direct claim status
- Develop and implement Teaching, Learning and Assessment quality assurance, policies and procedures across the Skills People Group in line with EIF
- Oversee and manage quality awards and kite marks e.g. matrix and IIP
- Liaise with partner colleges to ensure all contractual requirements are met
- To manage the recruitment process of suitably qualified and experienced delivery tutors, assessors and IQA
- Ensure organisation risk management, audit, health and safety, safeguarding / prevent, equality scheme policies and regulations are adhered to
- Lead the delivery team and support colleagues in the wider management team across all funding steams to achieve company targets
- Drive forward a strategy on continuous improvement for learning with relentless focus on outstanding experiences for our learners and employers
- Provide weekly progress reports to the Head of Academies and to be responsible for tracking and monitoring of starts to inform delivery plans and resources required whilst working with the wider management team
- Champion the use of technology within the teaching and learning, especially the use of the OneFile portfolio system
- Ensure all company documentation is fully compliant
- Ensure appropriate levels of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) for all delivery personnel are in place to reach outstanding grades on Observations
- Work with colleagues across the business to monitor the changing landscape of funding and sector requirements whilst identifying development areas that the business should act upon and coaching team members effectively
- Identify opportunities to enhance the work with our existing and new stakeholders
- To keep (CPD) detail live and current
- To meet targets based around:
- Retention rates
- Timely Achievers
- Enrolment/Induction and delivery documentation compliance (e.g Audits)
- Managing Performance of Awarding Organisations
- Improving performance to deliver excellence via robust and regular performance management reviews.
- Experience of managing people
- Experience producing and managing a SAR & QIP
- Experience of client management
- Knowledge of all funding streams
- Understanding of the new Apprenticeship Standards
- Understanding of the FE and Independent Training Provider sector
- Proven experience of managing knowledge, skills and behaviour training delivery
- Corporate management experience
- Experience of presenting at various levels, from senior management to low level skilled learners
- Experience of working to targets
- Understanding of funding and registration
- A full, clean driving licence with access to own means of transport with business use on the insurance policy
- Excellent ICT skills, particularly with Microsoft packages
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to follow processes
- Enthusiasm in the work place
- Work well under pressure
- Experience of working in a leadership/mentoring role
- Project management experience
- Experience of working with education partners, particularly with delivery across multiple sectors
- An understanding of Apprenticeship frameworks and mapping job roles to new Apprenticeship Standards
- Must hold recognised IQA qualification or equivalent
- Educated to a minimum of GCSE grade C in English and Maths or equivalent
Skills People Group
In return, Skills People Group will give you:
- A competitive salary
- 23 days holiday + Bank Holidays along with 2 extra days annual leave after 2 year’s service
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- A challenging and rewarding role in a successful and growing business
- The opportunity to grow with a business
- You will report to Head of Academies
- You will be based at C&G Assessments & Training, S20 3FR
Equality and Diversity
- It is the responsibility of the post holder to promote equality and diversity throughout the Group.
- The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to equal opportunity and diversity.
Health and Safety
- To promote health, safety and welfare throughout the Group.
- To undertake their duties and responsibilities in full accordance with the Group’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
- It is the responsibility of the post holder to commit to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults within the organisation.
- The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, e.g. dealing with learner issues i.e. safeguarding and referring on to specialist staff.
- This position is subject to an enhanced criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) and will be subject to satisfactory clearance of this check.
- If this position is classed as Regulated Activity, it is subject to an Adult & Child barring check.
- The details contained in this job description, particularly the principal accountabilities, reflect the content of the job at the date the job description was prepared. It should be remembered, however, that over time, the nature of individual jobs will inevitably change; existing duties may be lost and other duties may be gained without changing the general character of the duties of the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, the Group will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to HR@skillspeoplegroup.com
Alternatively, you can contact the HR Team on 01246 589509