Employment & Skills Manager
The Employment and Skills Manager will assist the Academy Manager and Head of Academies in developing and implementing the learner recruitment, sales and marketing strategy for the Academy. The role is responsible for contacting and advising our varied stakeholders and Employers whilst becoming the first point of contact for the Academy learners and key stakeholders. We will rely on you to build our brand and reputation. We are looking for a confident, results-driven sales and marketing professional who will bring experience and enthusiasm to the Academy. You will enjoy being part of a vibrant and sociable office, be motivated to exceed your targets and want to be part of the Academies continuing success story. In a matrix organisation, this position requires exceptional communication and organisation skills as well as exceptional sales and administration skills to reach targets while increasing learner quality and outputs.
Skills People Group are a national provider of National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs), Pre-Employment Training and Compliance Programmes. We specialise in both commercial and funded training and are proud to be nationally recognised as one of the UK’s largest private training providers. We are currently recruiting for a highly organised, qualified Employment and Skills Manager to join our existing team.
- Engaging with referral partners, funding partners and stakeholders under direction and using own initiatives to secure learner referrals and job outcomes for the Academy.
- To be the promotional face of the Academy and work closely with the Academy Manager to meet agreed targets and KPI’s.
- Promoting via varied means our Academy programmes to potential candidates
- Providing Information, Advice and Guidance by telephone
- Admission, recruiting and marketing tasks in coordination in line with targets
- Contact potential learners and asses their suitability and ability for studying at the Academy
- Develop ongoing relationship with employers, stakeholders and funders externally and operational and academic teams internally.
- Develop relationships to identify local employment opportunities in order to meet and exceed set KPI’s
- Promote our learners to prospective employers by various means
- Arrange formal and informal visits to the academy by prospective employers to meet learners and support onward employment progression
- Advise prospective learners on the programs in person or via telephone and guiding them through the induction and enrolment process
- Engage and nurture relationships with prospective learners
- Ability to use our systems, extract and interpret data
- Foster team spirit and enjoy the dynamic and challenging daily tasks in a fun and rewarding work environment
- Help learners with, personal, wellbeing, health and financial support and guidance
- Experience in sales, especially telesales
- Confident and professional phone manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer focused, understanding candidate needs
- Ambitious and target oriented
- Self-motivated self-starter
- Willingness to learn and open to feedback
- Consultative salesperson
- Strong commercial instincts
- The poise to handle the pressure and demands of our business in a fast paced and changing environment
- A flexible and positive outlook.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and can think outside of the box
- Excellent ICT skills, particularly with Microsoft packages
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to follow processes
- Work well under pressure
- 2+ years of experience in administrative tasks, sales, or recruiting with proven success of exceeding targets
- Minimum IAG Level 2 qualification
- Educated to a minimum of GCSE grade C in English and Maths or equivalent.
Skills People Group
In return, Skills People Group will give you:
- A competitive salary
- 23 days holiday + Bank Holidays along with 2 extra days annual leave after 2 year’s service
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- A challenging and rewarding role in a successful and growing business
- The opportunity to grow with a business
- You will be based at Nottingham Skills Academy, NG3 2FB
- You must possess a full driving licence and have access to your own vehicle
Equality and Diversity
- It is the responsibility of the post holder to promote equality and diversity throughout the Group.
- The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to equal opportunity and diversity.
Health and Safety
- To promote health, safety and welfare throughout the Group.
- To undertake their duties and responsibilities in full accordance with the Group’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
- It is the responsibility of the post holder to commit to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults within the organisation.
- The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, e.g. dealing with learner issues i.e. safeguarding and referring on to specialist staff.
- This position is subject to an enhanced criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) and will be subject to satisfactory clearance of this check.
- If this position is classed as Regulated Activity, it is subject to an Adult & Child barring check.
- The details contained in this job description, particularly the principal accountabilities, reflect the content of the job at the date the job description was prepared. It should be remembered, however, that over time, the nature of individual jobs will inevitably change; existing duties may be lost and other duties may be gained without changing the general character of the duties of the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, the Group will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to HR@skillspeoplegroup.com
Alternatively, you can contact the HR Team on 01246 589509