Business Development Manager
Skills People Group are a national provider of NVQ , Programmes for the unemployed and Compliance training. We specialise in both commercial and funded training and are proud to be nationally recognised as one of the UK’s largest private training providers. We are currently recruiting for a highly organised, qualified Business Development Manager to join our existing team.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for engaging with clients and driving sales.
- A proven sales background within the construction sector
- A passion for exceeding sales targets and set KPI’s
- Excellent time management skills
- Goal Orientated
- Problem Solving Skills
- Relationship Building Skills
- Experience of building bespoke training courses that meet our clients requirements
- Experience in the delivery of construction NVQ’s
- Experience in sales, especially telesales
- Confident and professional phone manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer focused, understanding candidate needs
- Ambitious and target oriented
- Self-motivated self-starter
- Willingness to learn and open to feedback
- Consultative salesperson
- Strong commercial instincts
- The poise to handle the pressure and demands of our business in a fast paced and changing environment
- A flexible and positive outlook.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and can think outside of the box
- Excellent ICT skills, particularly with Microsoft packages
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to follow processes
- Work well under pressure
- KPI driven
- Excellent communication skills
- Good geographical knowledge
- Educated to a minimum of A Level qualification or equivalent
Skills People Group
In return, Skills People Group will give you:
- A competitive salary
- 23 days holiday + Bank Holidays along with 2 extra days annual leave after 2 year’s service
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- A challenging and rewarding role in a successful and growing business
- The opportunity to grow with a business
- You will report to the Client Services Director
- You will be based remotely
Equality and Diversity
- It is the responsibility of the post holder to promote equality and diversity throughout the Group.
- The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to equal opportunity and diversity.
Health and Safety
- To promote health, safety and welfare throughout the Group.
- To undertake their duties and responsibilities in full accordance with the Group’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
- It is the responsibility of the post holder to commit to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults within the organisation.
- The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, e.g. dealing with learner issues i.e. safeguarding and referring on to specialist staff.
- This position is subject to an enhanced criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) and will be subject to satisfactory clearance of this check.
- If this position is classed as Regulated Activity, it is subject to an Adult & Child barring check.
- The details contained in this job description, particularly the principal accountabilities, reflect the content of the job at the date the job description was prepared. It should be remembered, however, that over time, the nature of individual jobs will inevitably change; existing duties may be lost and other duties may be gained without changing the general character of the duties of the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, the Group will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to HR@skillspeoplegroup.com
Alternatively, you can contact the HR Team on 01246 589509