Head of Employer and Learner Engagement
The Head of Employer and Learner Engagement is responsible for Developing effective and sustained working relationships with employers, referral partners and academy managers to ensure viability of academy programmes and secure appropriate employability opportunities for learners.
Skills People Group is a national provider of NVQs, programmes for the unemployed and compliance training. We specialise in both commercial and funded training and are proud to be nationally recognised as one of the UK’s largest private training providers. We are currently recruiting for a highly organised, qualified Head of Employer Engagement to join our existing team.
- To set up, book and attend appointments and meetings with employers to uncover potential opportunities for learners.
- Network with potential employers advocating Skills Academies services and learners.
- To set up, book and attend appointments and meetings with referral partners to promote the opportunities developed through the relationships with employers.
- Develop and deliver appropriate involvement mechanisms such as supporting existing partnerships and academy events.
- Understand and align the academy offers to best meet the priorities of referral partners such as JCP and Probation
- Support Skills Academies approach to growing brand reputation with employers and referral partners by collating information and sharing with the Marketing Executive.
- Prepare written reports, presentations, and updates as and when required.
- Develops employer engagement strategies and approaches for various products and services, such as special promotions, employer focus groups, sponsored events, etc.
- Work in partnership with agencies and stakeholders to develop and deliver activities which deliver agreed Outcomes.
- Contributes information, ideas, and research to help develop marketing strategies.
- Helps to detail, design, and implement engagement and marketing plans for each service being offered.
- Sets marketing schedules and coordinates with colleagues, sponsors, media representatives, and others to implement strategies across multiple channels.
- Answers questions from customers about product and service benefits.
- Maintains excellent relationships with internal and external customers through superior customer service.
- Tracks sales data and works to meet Skills Academies sales team goals, analyse trends, data, demographics, pricing strategies, and other information that can potentially improve marketing and sales performance
- Creates and presents regular performance reports for Head of Academies and SMT
- Manage and direct members of the company’s marketing team.
- Assigns specific managers to marketing and sales projects or employer accounts as needed.
- Attends trade shows and travels to meet employers and stakeholders as needed.
- Experience of working with a range of employers, organisations, and businesses.
- Experience of working in the adult education and pre-employment sector an advantage.
- Account Management.
- Managing strict KPI’s and performance management
- Experience of working against set targets.
- Experience within the development of processes and procedures.
Knowledge and understanding
- Understanding of performance management and monitoring processes.
- Understanding of confidentiality and data protection issues.
- Understanding of the local labour market.
- Working knowledge of employment and benefit issues
- Knowledge of funding rules and advantage.
- Knowledge of local employability and support provision.
- Knowledge of confidentiality and data protection issues.
- Knowledge of equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrable excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively manage own time.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet customer needs and service requirements, including working evenings and weekends where the service requires it.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and build and maintain effective and supportive relationships with peers and partners.
- A creative and innovative approach to marketing and engagement
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Educated to a minimum of GCSE grade C in English and Maths or equivalent.
- A competitive salary and OTE incentive
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays along with 2 extra days annual leave after 2 years service
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- A challenging and rewarding role in a successful and growing business
- The opportunity to grow with a business
- You will report to The Head of Academies
- You will be based at C&G Assessments and Training
Equality and Diversity
- It is the responsibility of the post holder to promote equality and diversity throughout the Group.
- The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to equal opportunity and diversity.
Health and Safety
- To promote health, safety and welfare throughout the Group.
- To undertake their duties and responsibilities in full accordance with the Group’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
- It is the responsibility of the post holder to commit to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults within the organisation.
- The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, e.g. dealing with learner issues i.e. safeguarding and referring on to specialist staff.
- This position is subject to an enhanced criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) and will be subject to satisfactory clearance of this check.
- If this position is classed as Regulated Activity, it is subject to an Adult & Child barring check.
- The details contained in this job description, particularly the principal accountabilities, reflect the content of the job at the date the job description was prepared. It should be remembered, however, that over time, the nature of individual jobs will inevitably change; existing duties may be lost and other duties may be gained without changing the general character of the duties of the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, the Group will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to HR@skillspeoplegroup.com
Alternatively, you can contact the HR Team on 01246 589509