Construction NVQ Assessor – Freelance
The Skills People Group are a national provider of NVQs and specialise in both commercial and funded training and are proud to be nationally recognised as one of the UK’s largest private training providers. We are currently recruiting for a highly organised, qualified Construction Assessor to join our existing team.
The construction assessor is responsible for encompassing training, reviewing and monitoring learners within construction from Level two – six. You will have an agreed allocated caseload of which learners will be required to complete within an agreed timeframe.
Competitive rates paid upon completion of qualifications.
- Carrying out assessment using a variety of different methods as part of the delivery of qualifications at levels 2 – 6, to ensure the successful outcome for the full achievement of the qualification in line with contractual requirements and targets with
- Visiting learners in the workplace and delivering teaching & learning in line with the qualification requirements
- Produce monthly progress reports of learners within your caseload.
- Attend and participate in standardisation as planned / or required.
- To take responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners with whom you come into contact
- Complete all relevant funding documentation and administration tasks to meet compliance requirements.
- Ensure that all Equal Opportunities policies and Health & Safety requirements (including Safe Learner Concept) are complied with always, and ensure all learners are given fair access to assessment.
- Experience of working in the Construction Industry
- Experience assessing NVQs in Construction
- Experience of using an e-portfolio
- Experience of teaching/training in a workplace environment
- A valid DBS or willing to apply for a new one
- Full UK driving licence and use of own car, prepared to travel
- Flexibility over working hours
- Adhere to policies on Health & Safety, Safeguarding Equality and Diversity
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Recognised NVQ Assessor Qualification e.g. A1 or D32, D22, TAQA
- Vocational qualification to at least NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Freelance assessors will be required to sign an agreed service level agreement specific to the role prior to commencing.
Equality and Diversity
- It is the responsibility of the post holder to promote equality and diversity throughout the Group.
- The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to equal opportunity and diversity.
Health and Safety
- To promote health, safety and welfare throughout the Group.
- To undertake their duties and responsibilities in full accordance with the Group’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to HR@skillspeoplegroup.com
Alternatively, you can contact the HR Team on 01246 589509