Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager is responsible for engaging with clients and driving sales.
Skills People Group are a national provider of National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs), Programmes for the unemployed and Compliance training.
We specialise in both commercial and funded training and are proud to be nationally recognised as one of the UK’s largest private training providers. We are currently recruiting for a highly organised, qualified Business Development Manager to join our existing team.
- Establish, build and maintain partnerships with a wide portfolio of existing and potential partners to fulfil the business needs through regular contact and account management
- Actively seek new business opportunities with existing and potential clients
- Identifying and implementing partnership opportunities within the Company
- Achieving set monthly targets
- Obtain candidates eligibility documents to for funding purposes
- Arrange with clients for face to face or remote enrolment sessions to be conducted
- Develop a network of relationships with construction companies
- Maintain an excellent level of product knowledge and understanding of all funding opportunities
- Attend networking events and other promotional opportunities while maintaining a professional and credible profile on behalf of the company; these may be outside of the normal working hours so some flexibility is required
- Maintain accurate records of specified development activity and provide timely and consistent data using the companies CRM systems
- To represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- A proven sales background within the construction sector
- A passion for exceeding sales targets and set KPI’s
- Excellent time management skills
- Goal orientated
- Problem solving skills
- Relationship building skills
- Experience of building bespoke training courses that meet our clients requirements
- Knowledge surrounding the delivery of construction NVQ’s
- Full UK driving licence with own means of transport
The ideal candidate may possess the following desirable Skills, Experience and Qualities:
- Good geographical knowledge
- Educated to a minimum of A Level qualification or equivalent
Skills People Group
In return, Skills People Group will give you:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays plus a further two days annual leave following two years’ service with Skills People Group.
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- A challenging and rewarding role in a successful and growing business
- The opportunity to grow with a business
- You will report to the Managing Director
- You will be based at Chesterfield, S41 9FG
Equality and Diversity
It is the responsibility of the post holder to promote equality and diversity throughout the Group. The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to equal opportunity and diversity.
Health and Safety
To promote health, safety and welfare throughout the Group. ➢ To undertake their duties and responsibilities in full accordance with the Group’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
It is the responsibility of the post holder to commit to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults within the organisation. The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, e.g. dealing with learner issues i.e. safeguarding and referring on to specialist staff.
This position is subject to an enhanced criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) and will be subject to satisfactory clearance of this check. If this position is classed as Regulated Activity, it is subject to an Adult & Child barring check.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to HR@skillspeoplegroup.com
Alternatively, you can contact the HR Team on 01246 589509