The Nottingham Skills Academy Manager is responsible for providing strategic and operational management of the Nottingham Skills Academy business and will support the Head of Academies in the development of Skills People Groups’ curriculum and services. This will include the development of all resources and assets along with ensuring that courses and programmes meet trainee and employer needs whilst maintaining the highest standards of quality and efficiency. Development of the Centre may include diversification into training for other related trades.
By managing administration and instructional staff, the Nottingham Skills Academy Manager will ensure that the Academy curriculum is in accordance with the Awarding Organisations’ rules, is well resourced, (within agreed budgetary limits) and meets or exceeds target pass rates and high trainee satisfaction survey results and targets for employment. They will need a good understanding of business finance in order to manage cost budgets and to monitor performance against course sales targets.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to thrive, managing and developing a training business, taking a hands-on approach to their work and possessing the drive to exceed targets and expectations.
Skills People Group are a national provider of NVQ, Programmes for the unemployed and Compliance training. We specialise in both commercial and funded training and are proud to be nationally recognised as one of the UK’s largest private training providers. We are currently recruiting for a highly organised, qualified Skills Academy Manager to join the team.
- Plan, develop and deliver an appropriate Course Programme and high-quality support services for trainees
- Achieve excellence through continuous improvement and the development of quality systems.
- Understand trainee needs and put in place initiatives to improve the range and quality of services to them.
- Gather, process, use and share information for understanding, decision-making, forecasting and action.
- Respond effectively to the needs of the existing and potential trainee base and provide an effective service to all areas of the company, by implementing new ideas, methods or procedures.
- Ensure that trainees are given the skills required for their deployment.
- Establish a course of action to accomplish the Company’s and Centre’s goals and objectives in an efficient and timely fashion.
- Seek out opportunities and innovative ways to change and improve.
- Estimate, acquire, monitor, control and develop resources to meet agreed objectives.
- Manage the delegated budget in order to meet the required contribution levels.
- Develop a network of external partners (the authority, educational establishments, stakeholders, employers) to ensure Skills People Group engagement in local and national initiatives.
- Promote and maintain the Skills People Group reputation in the local area.
- Manage trainees’ discipline issues, ensuring trainees comply with all Health and Safety requirements, and are made aware of radicalisation and extremism dangers.
- Assist with the management of staff: from recruitment, through to actively participating in the appraisal and review programme, identifying developments needs of staff and encouraging CPD, and ensuring observation of teaching and learning.
- Accountable for GDPR legislation compliance within their area
- Act as First Aider, Fire warden, Fire Marshall or similar Health & Safety post as the company may reasonably require
- Teaching a relevant subject area in a classroom or workshop setting
- Development and improvement of courses, curriculum and services
- Management of staff, including coaching and mentoring
- Quality assurance and improvement
- e-learning and e-assessment tools
- Health & Safety Legislation as it applies to the subject area
- Working in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Excellent ICT skills, particularly with Microsoft packages
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to follow processes
- Enthusiasm in the work place
- Work well under pressure
- A level or equivalent Qualification
- Teaching Qualification
- Relevant Professional Qualification/Membership
- Management Qualification or Higher Degree
- Knowledge of relevant safeguarding legislation & requirements and experience in promoting safeguarding and welfare of children & young people
- Knowledge of trends and initiatives within the education sector and their implication for the subject area.
Skills People Group
In return, Skills People Group will give you:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays plus a further two days annual leave following two years’ service with Skills People Group.
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- A challenging and rewarding role in a successful and growing business
- The opportunity to grow with a business
- You will report to the Head of Academies
- You will be Academy based at Nottingham, NG3 2FB
Equality and Diversity:
It is the responsibility of the post holder to promote equality and diversity throughout the Group
The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to equal opportunity and diversity
Health and Safety:
To promote health, safety and welfare throughout the Group
To undertake their duties and responsibilities in full accordance with the Group’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults:
It is the responsibility of the post holder to commit to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults within the organisation
The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, e.g. dealing with learner issues i.e. safeguarding and referring on to specialist staff
This position is subject to an enhanced criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) and will be subject to satisfactory clearance of this check
If this position is classed as Regulated Activity, it is subject to an Adult & Child barring check
The details contained in this job description, particularly the principal accountabilities, reflect the content of the job at the date the job description was prepared. It should be remembered, however, that over time, the nature of individual jobs will inevitably change; existing duties may be lost and other duties may be gained without changing the general character of the duties of the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, the Group will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to HR@skillspeoplegroup.com
Alternatively, you can contact the HR Team on 01246 589509