Individuals taking part in an apprenticeship can purchase an NUS Apprentice extra card, which entitles holders to exclusive discounts and offers across a variety of in-store and online brands. These range from fashion retailers to holiday companies, from insurance to restaurants.
The NUS Apprentice extra card costs £11 and lasts for 12 months. The scheme is run by the National Union of Students (NUS) and all money raised from selling the cards goes towards funding the new National Society for Apprentices, which represents the needs of vocational learners.
Some of the most popular benefits of the NUS Apprentice extra card include:
- 10% discount on grocery shopping at the Co-operative
- 5% discount on Amazon
- 50% discount on first 2 hour driving lessons with AA
- 10% discount on Asos
- 13 month Cineworld Unlimited card for the price of 12 months
- 25% off Domino’s orders placed online above £25
- 5% off EasyJet holidays
- 20% discount at Frankie & Benny’s
- 20% off at Pizza Hut
- 11% discount on the cost of a 16-25 Railcard
- 40% off at Pizza Express
Plus there are 100s more offers available, and certain bus companies (e.g. Stagecoach) offer discounted travel for all NUS card holders.
Once you’ve applied for your NUS Apprentice extra card, it should arrive within 7 working days, so you can start saving money quickly. If you lose your card, a replacement card can be purchased for £5.